Thursday, March 10, 2011

Some more Trini Sayings


Hello All! I was doing some intensive studies and so was unable to devote any time to my blog. That's in the past now......so onto some sayings!
1. Magga - refers to someone or sometimes an animal that is very skinny slim or slender and looks undernourished.


Examples of use in Trinidadian language:
Dat gyul rel magga!
That girl is really skinny!
2. In ah timing! This is a salutation or greeting when leaving or parting from friends, family or other company. It means "Until another time" or "Til we meet again."
Hope this post has helped or aided in your understanding and appreciation of the Trinidadian Dialect.
I'm still working on my e-book which has been delayed due to my studies but I hope to resume and complete it soon. God bless!

No comments: